Detroit Roofing Consultants has been working with insurance companies to process roofing insurance claims for a long time. We know how to help them process a claim efficiently and properly.
General Roofing Insurance Claim Guidelines
This is a general guideline when it comes to working with your insurance company:
- Contact Detroit Roofing Consultants to schedule a free on-site evaluation to determine if damage occurred and to what extent.
- If damage has been verified contact your insurance agent to request an inspection.
- Your agent can then authorize any temporary repairs that are necessary to prevent any further damage to your property.
- Your company will request receipts for any emergency repairs that are done in order to reimburse you correctly.
- Be sure to take pictures of any damage that occurred prior to any repairs.
- Once an inspection has been completed, a claim sheet will be provided outlining the scope of damage and the funds that will be made available for the damage.
Detroit Roofing Consultations offers free roofing insurance claim assistance.
The Roofing Insurance Claim Process
- After damage has been verified, contact your agent.
- You should be contacted by the claims department by telephone or mail.
- An adjuster will be assigned to inspect and evaluate the loss.
- The claims adjuster should provide you with an itemized explanation on your claim settlement including your deductible amount and depreciation.
Most homeowner policies grant coverage for full replacement cost provided the repairs declared in the roofing insurance claim are actually completed. In these cases, the depreciation is deemed recoverable and the final payment is made after your receipts have been submitted and processed.
NOTE: All carriers have their own method of processing claims. This is just a general guideline.
Contact Detroit Roofing Consultants and let us handle your roofing insurance claim today!